** Please help us WELCOME our new Nurse Practioner **
Lindsay Grainger, CFNP!
Lindsay will begin seeing patients on Monday, 12.03.18!!
All Preferred Pediatrics locations will be closed on
Monday, 12.24.18 and Tuesday, 12.25.18.
We will reopen at 8am on Wednesday, 12.26.18.
INFANT LIQUID IBUPROFEN RECALL
Dec. 6, 2018 -- Tris Pharma Inc. has voluntarily recalled three lots of infants’ liquid ibuprofen sold at Walmart, CVS, and Family Dollar, because they may contain too much ibuprofen.
The recalled products, which are pain relievers and fever reducers, were packaged and sold as follows:
- At Walmart stores as Equate: Infants' Ibuprofen Concentrated Oral Suspension, USP (NSAID), 50 mg per 1.25 mL, 0.5 oz. bottle. Expiration 02/19, lot 00717009A; expiration 04/19, lot 00717015A; expiration 08/19, lot 00717024A. NDC (national drug code) 49035-125-23.
- At CVS Pharmacies as CVS Health: Infants' Ibuprofen Concentrated Oral Suspension, USP (NSAID), 50 mg per 1.25 mL, 0.5 oz. bottle. Expiration 08/19, lot 00717024A. NDC 59779-925-23.
- At Family Dollar Stores as Family Wellness: Infants' Ibuprofen Concentrated Oral Suspension, USP (NSAID), 50 mg per 1.25 mL, 0.5 oz. bottle. Expiration 08/19, lot 00717024A. NDC 55319-250-23.
Infants run a small risk of permanent kidney damage from the higher concentration of ibuprofen. Other possible side effects are nausea, vomiting, upper abdominal pain and, less commonly, diarrhea. Ringing in the ears (tinnitus), headache, and intestinal bleeding are also possible. But so far, Tri Pharma has not received any reports of infants who have had problems because of the drug.
You can call Tri Pharma with questions at 732-940-0358, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET, or email your questions to email@example.com. If you have a recalled product, stop using it. Stores typically refund recalled products.
If your child has had any problems that could be related to this product, contact your doctor. You can also report these problems to the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online at www.fda.gov/medwatch/report.htm. Or download a form at www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm and return by mail to the address on the form or by fax at 800-FDA-0178 (800-332-0178).
Looking for a new pediatrician?
Preparing for the newest member of your family?
Click here to join the Preferred Pediatrics family!
Our schedules are open through February 2019!
Please call the office to schedule!!
We offer three convenient pediatric locations, one in Fredericksburg, one in Lees Hill and one in Spotsylvania to serve your family. Our physicians provide General Pediatric care for newborns to adolescents. Our goal is to work as a team with the families of our patients to deliver the best possible health care to each individual. Most of our providers are parents and they understand the needs of today's families.
The providers of Preferred Pediatrics can guide you through the intricacies of raising healthy children and provide recommendations and treatment when your child is ill. Our wellness exams begin after your child’s birth and continue through early childhood and adolescence.
Our practice offers comprehensive care from infancy to young adulthood. Our services are designed to ensure the healthy development of each child and include but are not limited to the following:
- Abdominal Pain, Vomiting, Bowel Changes, Constipation, & Reflux
- Long Appointments to Discuss In-Depth Problems or Concerns
- Asthma - Assessment, Monitoring, & Education
- Behavioral Concerns
- Developmental Screening for delays and missed milestones
- In-House Laboratory Testing (Urine, Strep, Flu)
- Musculoskeletal Issues - Back, Limb, or Joint Pain
- Neurological Concerns - Chronic Headaches, Dizziness, & Fatigue
- Nurse Appointments (Flu Vaccines, Delayed Immunizations)
- Nutritional Counseling; Weight Concerns
- Removal of Skin Staples or Sutures
- Routine Wellness Exams from Birth through Age 17
- Same-Day Sick Appointments for Runny Nose, Fever, Vomiting, Sore Throat, & Diarrhea
- School, Camp, & Sports Physicals
- Skin Issues - Acne, Eczema, Rashes, Wart Removal
- Treatment of ADHD, Anxiety and/or Depression
- Vision and Hearing Screenings
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, except for major holidays. We offer extended clinic hours for established patients on Monday & Tuesday evenings until 6:30 pm at one of our Preferred Pediatrics locations. To view the weekend schedule, click on the Weekend Call Schedule page listed under Home on the menu above. The doctor listed provides urgent care hours Saturdays 8:30a.m. to 12:30p.m. for established patients.
Our Physicians: Please click on "Providers" to learn more about the doctors within our practice, their specialty, practice location, and biography.
Our Practice Locations:
Preferred Pediatrics at Lee's Hill
10600 Spotsylvania Avenue
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22408
(540) 604-9501 (FAX)
Preferred Pediatrics at Snowden
331 Park Hill Drive
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401
(540) 368-8095 (FAX)
Preferred Pediatrics at the Courthouse
9755 Courthouse Road, Suite 101
Spotsylvania, Virginia 22553
(540) 898-9699 (FAX)