All Preferred Pediatrics locations will be closed on Saturday, May 27 and Monday, May 29, 2017 in honor of Memorial Day.
We will reopen on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 8:00am.
Have a fun and safe weekend.
** We say farewell to Laura Powell, CFNP **
We are sad to share that after 12 amazing years with Preferred Pediatrics, Laura Powell will be relocating to Greenville, N.C. this summer. Laura's husband, Dr. Timothy Powell has accepted a clinical faculty position in the Medicine/Pediatric program at Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
While we are excited about their new adventures, we are very sad to see her leave the Preferred Pediatrics family.
We will forever be grateful for the impact that Laura has had on the staff and families here at Preferred Pediatrics.
Laura will continue to see patients through mid July.
Our schedules are open through August 2017!!
Please call the office to schedule your appointment today!
We offer three convenient pediatric locations, one in Fredericksburg, one in Lees Hill and one in Spotsylvania to serve your family. Our physicians provide General Pediatric care for newborns to adolescents. Our goal is to work as a team with the families of our patients to deliver the best possible health care to each individual. Most of our providers are parents and they understand the needs of today's families.
The providers of Preferred Pediatrics can guide you through the intricacies of raising healthy children and provide recommendations and treatment when your child is ill. Our wellness exams begin after your child’s birth and continue through early childhood and adolescence.
Our practice offers comprehensive care from infancy to young adulthood. Our services are designed to ensure the healthy development of each child and include but are not limited to the following:
- Abdominal Pain, Vomiting, Bowel Changes, Constipation, & Reflux
- Long Appointments to Discuss In-Depth Problems or Concerns
- Asthma - Assessment, Monitoring, & Education
- Behavioral Concerns
- Developmental Screening for delays and missed milestones
- In-House Laboratory Testing (Urine, Strep, Flu)
- Musculoskeletal Issues - Back, Limb, or Joint Pain
- Neurological Concerns - Chronic Headaches, Dizziness, & Fatigue
- Nurse Appointments (Flu Vaccines, Delayed Immunizations)
- Nutritional Counseling; Weight Concerns
- Removal of Skin Staples or Sutures
- Routine Wellness Exams from Birth through Age 18
- Same-Day Sick Appointments for Runny Nose, Fever, Vomiting, Sore Throat, & Diarrhea
- School, Camp, & Sports Physicals
- Skin Issues - Acne, Eczema, Rashes, Wart Removal
- Treatment of ADHD, Anxiety and/or Depression
- Vision and Hearing Screenings
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, except for major holidays. We offer extended clinic hours for established patients on Monday & Tuesday evenings until 6:30 pm at one of our Preferred Pediatrics locations. To view the weekend schedule, click on the Weekend Call Schedule page listed under Home on the menu above. The doctor listed provides urgent care hours Saturdays 8:30a.m. to 12:30p.m. for established patients.
Our Physicians: Please click on "Providers" to learn more about the doctors within our practice, their specialty, practice location, and biography.
Our Practice Locations:
Preferred Pediatrics at Lee's Hill
10600 Spotsylvania Avenue
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22408
(540) 604-9501 (FAX)
Preferred Pediatrics at Snowden
331 Park Hill Drive
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401
(540) 368-8095 (FAX)
Preferred Pediatrics at the Courthouse
9755 Courthouse Road, Suite 101
Spotsylvania, Virginia 22553
(540) 898-9699 (FAX)