Our schedules are open through November 2017!!
Please call the office to schedule your appointment today!
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
Each year, more than 15,000 kids and young adults are diagnosed with cancer—that’s about 42 per day.
Though the 5-year-survival rate for childhood cancers has reached 80 percent, nearly 2,000 kids under age 19 die each year, making cancer the leading killer of children by disease.
And that’s just in the United States. In 2016, over 300,000 kids and young adults were diagnosed worldwide.
Childhood cancer is a big problem because:
- Children’s cancer can’t be treated exactly like adult cancers (where most of federal research funding goes.) Current treatments are toxic, affect a child’s development and can be decades old. To treat childhood cancer in the best way possible, we need to create specialized treatments just for kids.
- The causes of childhood cancer are largely unknown. We need to study what causes childhood cancer to understand what treatments work best.
- Many childhood cancer survivors in the U.S. suffer from lifelong damage to their organs, mental health and more. We need to understand how treatments affect kids long-term so we can prevent late effects.
On Fridays during the month of September our staff will be wearing yellow/gold to show our solidarity with those fighting this horrible disease.
Please take some time to research how you can help fight childhood cancer!
We offer three convenient pediatric locations, one in Fredericksburg, one in Lees Hill and one in Spotsylvania to serve your family. Our physicians provide General Pediatric care for newborns to adolescents. Our goal is to work as a team with the families of our patients to deliver the best possible health care to each individual. Most of our providers are parents and they understand the needs of today's families.
The providers of Preferred Pediatrics can guide you through the intricacies of raising healthy children and provide recommendations and treatment when your child is ill. Our wellness exams begin after your child’s birth and continue through early childhood and adolescence.
Our practice offers comprehensive care from infancy to young adulthood. Our services are designed to ensure the healthy development of each child and include but are not limited to the following:
- Abdominal Pain, Vomiting, Bowel Changes, Constipation, & Reflux
- Long Appointments to Discuss In-Depth Problems or Concerns
- Asthma - Assessment, Monitoring, & Education
- Behavioral Concerns
- Developmental Screening for delays and missed milestones
- In-House Laboratory Testing (Urine, Strep, Flu)
- Musculoskeletal Issues - Back, Limb, or Joint Pain
- Neurological Concerns - Chronic Headaches, Dizziness, & Fatigue
- Nurse Appointments (Flu Vaccines, Delayed Immunizations)
- Nutritional Counseling; Weight Concerns
- Removal of Skin Staples or Sutures
- Routine Wellness Exams from Birth through Age 18
- Same-Day Sick Appointments for Runny Nose, Fever, Vomiting, Sore Throat, & Diarrhea
- School, Camp, & Sports Physicals
- Skin Issues - Acne, Eczema, Rashes, Wart Removal
- Treatment of ADHD, Anxiety and/or Depression
- Vision and Hearing Screenings
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, except for major holidays. We offer extended clinic hours for established patients on Monday & Tuesday evenings until 6:30 pm at one of our Preferred Pediatrics locations. To view the weekend schedule, click on the Weekend Call Schedule page listed under Home on the menu above. The doctor listed provides urgent care hours Saturdays 8:30a.m. to 12:30p.m. for established patients.
Our Physicians: Please click on "Providers" to learn more about the doctors within our practice, their specialty, practice location, and biography.
Our Practice Locations:
Preferred Pediatrics at Lee's Hill
10600 Spotsylvania Avenue
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22408
(540) 604-9501 (FAX)
Preferred Pediatrics at Snowden
331 Park Hill Drive
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401
(540) 368-8095 (FAX)
Preferred Pediatrics at the Courthouse
9755 Courthouse Road, Suite 101
Spotsylvania, Virginia 22553
(540) 898-9699 (FAX)